OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 is now rolling out for selected OnePlus 8T units in North American and Europe with some software tweaks to resolve some “known issues” and improve camera performance.
The update was confirmed as rolling out over on the Official OnePlus Forums, but it’s not entirely clear why Indian variants of the 8T have been left out of this particular OTA run. However, the original post notes that only those in EU and NA are affected by unspecified software issues, which hints that India will be left out of the rollout of OxygenOS 22.214.171.124.
A problem with the Nightscape low-light photography mode is also included with this OTA update, too. It seems that some have been experiencing screen flashes when trying to take pictures with the dedicated low-light mode — which doesn’t sound ideal and could affect image exposure. Also included with OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 is some minor bloatware in the form of the OnePlus Store app. Luckily you can uninstall this, but it’s a bit annoying to see it become part of a regular software update.
OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 update changelog for OnePlus 8T (EU & NA only)
- Improve stability and fixed known issues
- Fixed the issue that the screen may flash when shooting in NIGHTSCAPE mode
- OnePlus Store
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
If you’re in North America or European regions, you should be able to grab the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update for your device right now. Alternatively, the update ZIP can be pulled and sideloaded from Oxygen Updater.
More on OnePlus:
- OnePlus’ OxygenOS is now a skin on top of Oppo’s ColorOS, starting w/ Nord 2
- OnePlus says it will add an option to disable CPU throttling with Android 12 update
- OnePlus Nord 2 first impressions: Could this be the OnePlus 9 Lite? [Video]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.