HTC is mostly known for its high-end devices that are built with premium materials, however the Taiwanese electronics manufacturer is starting to make a splash in the mid-range smartphone space. Today, the company announced the launch of the Desire 510, a new budget-friendly LTE-capable phone that’s coming to Sprint, Cricket, Virgin and Boost Mobile in the coming months.
Cricket Stories August 27, 2014
Cricket Stories July 12, 2013
AT&T has announced that it has come to agreement to acquire U.S. carrier Leap Wireless (which operates the Cricket brand) for $15 per share. The acquisition will cover all of Leap Wireless’s assets, expanding AT&T’s coverage to Leap’s 5 million subscribers. This move enhances AT&T’s spectrum, retail store count, employee number, and more, so it is likely a positive move for its wireless customers. It’s possible that this announcement is related to the upcoming press event that AT&T has scheduled for July 16th.
Press release below:
Cricket Stories August 22, 2012
Beats Audio meet Muve: HTC One V heads to Cricket Wireless September 2
HTC just revealed its HTC One V would be available through Cricket Wireless on Sept. 2. The smartphone, which is a part of the popular One line, features the HTC ImageChip for superfast image capture, Beats by Dr. Dre Audio integration, aluminum unibody construction, 3.7-inch WVGA super LCD2 screen, 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor, and Android 4.0 with HTC Sense 4.
Check out the full white sheet here (PDF).
The full press release:
- Today HTC announced its first product to launch with Cricket Wireless, the HTC One™ V, part of the acclaimed HTC One series of smartphones, will be available through Cricket Wireless starting on September 2.
- HTC One V provides authentic sound with Beats Audio™, allowing listeners to experience a rich sound experience whether listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game. Beats Audio is a perfect complement to Cricket’s innovative Muve Music service. Muve Music subscribers have access to unlimited downloads of their favorite music and access to exclusive artist commentary, music and video through Muve Music’s Muve First and Muve Headliner monthly artist programs.
- The HTC One V, featuring HTC ImageSense, offers fast image capture and better image quality under adverse conditions. An easy-to-use display with side-by-side photo and video capture buttons means the HTC One V can serve as both camera and video recorder, and with quick activation directly from the home screen, superfast autofocus and continuous shooting.
- Utilizing the classic, award-winning design of the HTC Legend™, the HTC One V offers a sleek unibody design and offers entry-level users a high-quality, high-performance model that they’ll want to show their friends. The HTC One V features a 3.7-inch super LCD screen, speedy Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S3 1 GHz processor and is supported by a 1,500 mAh battery.
- The HTC One V will be available nationwide at Cricket branded retail stores, dealers, national retailers and at www.mycricket.com on September 2, 2012.