Google is rolling out a new Google+ feature today that makes it easier to see what your friends have +1’d and for your friends to see what you have +1’d. Only a few posts will be highlighted, and Google says you have ultimate control over who will see your +1s.
- We’ll occasionally highlight posts that were +1’d by people in your circles
- And if you +1 a post, we may highlight it to your friends as well
- You can visit your settings to decide who, if anyone, might see your +1s highlighted in the stream
- In all cases: friends will only see +1s and posts they already had permission to see, we’re just calling extra attention to them
- And of course: if you’re seeing too much activity from a given circle, you can always turn down its volume, or exclude it from Home entirely
It’s clear that privacy is a big concern with this feature, so it’ll be interesting to see how it all works out. Google says it’s rolling out over the next few days to all users.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.