In this week’s top stories: We review both the LG Watch Style and the LG Watch Sport. We also asked why Google won’t let customers backorder the Google Pixel and Pixel XL, many Google account holders were curiously signed out of their accounts over night, we had the scoop on Google no longer absorbing cost of Play Store refunds outside of 48 hours, and much more…
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
We kick things off this week with an opinion piece asking Google why they can’t you just let people backorder the unlocked Pixel. Users of Google services received Google account notifications stating that account action was required (which we told you not to worry about), and an email from Google to developers outlined that it will stop absorbing cost of Play Store refunds outside of 48 hours.
We took a closer look at the LG Watch Sport and LG Watch Style in our full reviews. Also, to mark the limited edition ‘Really Blue’ Pixel and Pixel XL finally coming to other countries, Google has partnered with a British fashion designer to create jeans befitting the color. Android 7.1.2 Developer Preview began rolling out to the Nexus 6P, and more.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Opinion: Google, why can’t you just let people backorder the unlocked Pixel?
- Google to stop absorbing cost of Play Store refunds outside of 48 hours, will deduct funds from developer payouts
- Would you buy a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7 if you knew it wouldn’t explode? [Poll]
- These Google-made ‘Really Blue’ jeans might be available to buy before the blue Pixel
- Android 7.1.2 Developer Preview rolling out to the Nexus 6P without fingerprint gestures
- Sexism rules in voice assistant genders, show studies
- Many Google Pixel owners are experiencing random Bluetooth disconnects, issues with calls over Bluetooth
- All the big Android announcements we expect to see at Mobile World Congress 2017
- Best affordable Android smartphones you can buy [February 2017]
- New images of the Galaxy Tab S3 depict its new and unique S-Pen, audio by AKG [Gallery]
Android Wear 2.0 |
- LG Watch Sport Review: Android Wear 2.0 arrives on hardware that tries to do it all [Video]
- LG Watch Style Review: Android Wear for those who want the basics done well [Video]
- Huawei Watch 2 leaked in first images, Android Pay & NFC likely on board
- Alphabet’s Waymo suing Uber over theft of key self-driving technology
- Uber unsurprisingly denies Waymo claim that it stole self-driving technology
- PSA: If you were signed out of your Google account tonight, don’t worry [Update]
- It’s not just you: YouTube is down for many [Updated]
- Jigsaw and Google using machine learning to identify toxic online comments
- Google Camera 4.3 adds a setting to disable shutter clicks and other sounds [Update: front-facing flash]
- Hands-on with 5 Android apps you should download in February 2017
- WhatsApp overhauling status tab with encrypted Snapchat Stories-like feature
- Google VP Nick Fox shares sneak peek of Allo for desktop