Google is rolling out a new Search Console Insights tool that provides creators with an overview of how their content is performing. It’s meant to be an “easier way to understand how your content resonates with readers.”
It’s aimed at all levels of technical expertise with a user-friendly interface for understanding performance. The tool features high-level charts and cards showing stats for “Your new content” and “Google Search.” Google says it will help answer:
- What is your best performing content, and which pieces of content are trending?
- How are your new pieces of content performing?
- How do people discover your content across the web?
- What do people search for on Google before they visit your content?
- Which article refers users to your website and content?
The best Search Console Insights experience requires linking your Google Analytics account to a relevant property. Only Google Analytics Universal Analytics properties are currently supported, but Google Analytics 4 is coming soon. That said, you will still see some information without associating.
This Insights tool — currently in beta — can be launched directly here or from the top of the Search Console’s Overview page. It’s also coming to mobile directly in the Google app for iOS and Android from the menu that appears when you tap your profile picture.
More about Search Console:
- Search Console’s Discover report will soon include Chrome traffic
- Google adds Google News performance report to Search Console
- Search Console’s revamped Removals report can temporarily hide pages
- Google adds new Search Console video performance reports
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.