The visual theme of Android 12 is by far the biggest change to the platform, and in Beta 4, Google is still making tweaks to how Material You is implemented. In this latest release, more themed icons have been added, and the Google Search logo on the Pixel Launcher gets a delightful Material You makeover.
The “Themed Icons” option under “Styles” in the Pixel Launcher has been marked as “Beta” in the latest Android 12 release, a fitting qualifier, given the fact that not all apps are supported as of yet.
However, we have noticed that this latest release seems to add more icons. Specifically, we confirmed the following have been added:
- Google Chat
- Google Tasks
- Pixel Tips
- Digital Wellbeing
Some other designs seem to have been tweaked very minorly. The list of apps supported seems to still be exclusively Google apps.
Beyond that, flipping on the “Themed Icons” option will also affect the Google Search bar. This was also the case in Beta 3, but in this latest release the Google logo also picks up some Material You tweaks, with the logo being made out of the four primary accent colors generated from your wallpaper. It’s a minor but delightful little tweak.
More on Android 12:
- Here’s everything new in Android 12 Beta 4 [Gallery]
- Google rolling out Android 12 Beta 4 for Pixel phones with ‘Platform Stability’
- How to get the Android 12 Beta on Google Pixel
- Android 12 starts showing ‘Ongoing call’ chip for Google Phone app in the status bar
- Google Chrome begins using Material You colors on Android 12 [Updated]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.