Google rolled out version 3.0 of Google Shopper for Android and iOS today.
The update comes just in time for the holiday season, as Google noted on the Google Commerce blog this afternoon that users of the refreshed app could now “easily browse for gift ideas, research products, and locate great deals on the go.”
The app’s newly added improvements include a redesigned home screen with a larger search box and bigger photos, and it now spotlights great sales and special offers from the new Sales page. Version 3.0 also notably integrated GoodGuide, a rating system that details whether a product is healthy, safe, or environmentally friendly.
The app’s full change log:
- New UI with faster navigation and bigger images.
- Discover sales and special offers in your area from the new sales screen.
- Search for apparel and accessories more effectively with image-centric search results.
- Make more informed buying decisions with GoodGuide product ratings.
- Get great deals online with retail promotions.
- Find out about new features and content with push notifications.
- 3.0.1: Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash at startup for some users.
Google Shopper 3.0 is available for Android devices at the Google Play store. While the iOS version is not yet live, many reports speculate it will roll out sometime soon.
A screenshot gallery is below.
- Google announces Q3 earnings call for October 13th
- Google releases Chrome Beta 24, says Chrome is 26 percent faster since last year
- ‘Pepper’-based Flash Player coming to Chrome later this year, Adobe dropping standalone plug-in download on Linux
- Review: LG Nexus 4 — a world class smartphone for $300
- Google’s John Hanke details Niantic Labs, new Field Trip app, and ubiquitous computing