When you’re looking for a cheap wireless plan, Republic Wireless is one of the least expensive by far, offering plans for as little as $15 a month. Sadly however the selection of smartphones has always been pretty limited, until today…
Nomad case for Pixel 3
Today Republic Wireless has announced that it will be adding new devices such as the Nexus 6P, Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4, and more. The full list follows…
- Nexus 6P (32GB, 64GB, 128GB) – Starting at $499
- Nexus 5X (16GB, 32GB) – Starting at $349
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (32GB) – $699
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (32GB) – $799
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (16GB) – $179
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) – $549
- Moto G4 (16GB, 32GB) – Starting at $199
- Moto G4 Plus (64GB) – $299
- Moto X Pure Edition (32GB) – $349
Republic’s pricing on these phones is more or less the same as pricing from other retailers, however the 6P will be available for $100 off for the first 1,000 buyers which matches the sales we’ve seen online lately.
Previously devices sold by Republic required changes to the firmware to enable automatic switching between a cellular network and WiFi for calls, however it has since dropped that requirement. Now these phones are basically sold as unlocked devices and you’ll even be able to use your own unlocked smartphone with a Republic Wireless plan.
All Republic Wireless plans include unlimited calls and SMS messaging. The $15 tier comes with no mobile data while an extra $5 a month includes a single GB of 4G LTE. From there you’ll also be able to upgrade to 2GB, 4GB, 6GB, and 10GB of data for $30-$90 a month. If you’re not sure about coverage for your area, check out the coverage map here.