By strapping on a Daydream headset, you are immersing yourself into a virtual world which also naturally isolates you from your surroundings. As you could potentially be enjoying content for hours at a time, Google has made it so that you can still receive limited types of notifications so that you don’t miss anything important…
When enabled, the only type of notifications that you should receive are high priority ones. You can go into Daydream’s settings and toggle on or off different types of notifications such as incoming calls, reminders, and even alarms. Just know that when a notification comes in, it places a big white box in the middle of your screen which can be annoying if they’re notifications that you don’t want to see. As long as everything is configured to your liking, though, this shouldn’t be a problem.
How to enable notifications:
- Navigate to the Daydream application
- Tap on the menu button in the upper left-hand corner of the display
- Select the Settings option
- Choose Notifications
- Here you can toggle on and off high priority notifications while in VR
- Tap on Configure high priority notifications and then select if you would like to receive notifications for alarms, reminders, events, messages, and calls
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.