With the year almost coming to a close, Google’s various services are beginning to recap 2018. The Play Store is starting with the Best of 2018 in Android apps, Play Movies & TV, and Play Books, with the first two categories featuring Fan Favorite voting this year.
On the app front, this is just one of the ways that Google honors the best Android applications and games on the platform. This includes the Play Awards at I/O 2018 and the Material Design Awards in October.
The Android selection is divided into the best app of 2018 (Drops: Learn 31 new languages) and best game (PUBG Mobile). The latter was also crowned the Fan Favorite Game of 2018 by voters during a two-week period last month. Google’s own YouTube TV won the app category and the fan favorite movie is Avengers: Infinity War.
- VIMAGE – cinemagraph creator & live photo animator by vimage
- No.Draw – Colors by Number 2018 by Creative APPS
- Neverthink: The TV of the Internet by Neverthink
- Tik Tok – including musical.ly by musical.ly
- Scout FM – Podcast Radio by Scout FM
- Mimo: Learn to Code by MimoHello GmbH
- Drops: Learn 31 new languages by Language Drops
- 10% Happier: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics by 10% Happier
- Keep Trainer – Workout Trainer & Fitness Coach by Keep Inc
- MasterClass: Learn How To Cook, Sing, Act and More by MasterClass Inc.
- Otter Voice Notes by AISense Inc.
- Tasty by BuzzFeed
- Sift – Get Automatic Refunds When Prices Drop by ShopInbox Team
- Canva: Post, banner, card maker & graphic design by Canva
- Notion – Notes, Tasks, Wikis by Notion Labs Inc.
- SLOWLY by Why Interactive
- Unfold – Create Stories by Unfold Creative LLC
- Just a Line – Draw Anywhere, with AR by Google Creative Lab
- Luci – Lucid Dream Journal by Sam Ruston
- Learn Spanish with Lirica: Music Language Learning by Lirica
- PUBG MOBILE by Tencent Games
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realm War by Pixel Toys
- Dragon Ball Legends by Bandai Namco Ent.
- Asphalt 9 by Gameloft
- Badland Brawl by Frogmind
- Gorogoa by Annapurna
- Umiro by DevolverDigital
- Hero Hunters by Hothead Games
- Battlelands Royale by FuturePlay
- Life is Strange by SQUARE ENIX Ltd
- Alto’s Odyssey by Noodlecake Studios
- Reigns: GoT by DevolverDigital
- Cube Escape Paradox by Rusty Lake
- Returner 77 by Fantastic, yes
- Evoland 2 by Playdigious
- The Sims Mobile by EA
- Orbia: Tap and Relax by JOX Development LLC
- Murder in the Alps by Nordcurrent
- Candy Crush Friends Saga by King
- Faraway 3 by Snapbreak
Google lists results by country, with the U.S. selection below. Disney’s Marvel again dominates Google Play Movies & TV.
|Top five movies of 2018||Top five TV shows of 2018|
|Black Panther||The Walking Dead|
|Avengers: Infinity War||Riverdale|
|Thor: Ragnarok||The Big Bang Theory|
|Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle||The Flash|
|Deadpool 2||PAW Patrol|