This week we talk about several Made by Google products, including the Pixel 4, Nest Hub Max, and the next Pixelbook. On the software front, there are a slew of Assistant developments and the new Gallery Go by Google Photos.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Thursday afternoon at 4-5 PM ET and published on Friday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Google buying the face data of people in the streets for $5, probably for Pixel 4
- Latest Pixel 4 leaks show off smaller phone, screen protectors w/ large cutout
- [Update: Confirmed fake] This Google Pixel 4 front ‘leak’ is just a decent photoshop job
- Google Store discounts Pixel Slate by $100 and includes free keyboard
- New Google device passes through FCC, possibly Pixelbook successor ‘Atlas’
- Google Nest Hub Max will be available starting September 9
- Google replacing verbal Assistant replies when turning off lights with Home, Nest Hub
- Google Assistant tests sending texts directly from the Android lockscreen
- Google readies ‘custom’ Assistant volume for Smart Displays, Home speakers
- Google Assistant Updates feed adds ‘Resume your podcast’ card
- How to use Google Assistant on a Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Google launches Gallery Go, a lightweight Photos app that works offline
- Google Photos has over 1 billion users just 4 years after it first launched
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.