The biggest problem of Google’s Android TV platform used to be apps, but with the Google Play Store growing, that’s quickly changing. Today, another notable new app has arrived on Android TV — Masterclass.
You’d be forgiven if you’ve never heard of Masterclass, but the service is actually quite popular as a destination for learning new skills through online classes. It offers classes hosted by well-known instructors, too, including “interior design from Kelly Wearstler, negotiation tips and tricks from former FBI negotiator Chris Voss, how to build confidence from RuPaul and more.”
Now, in perfect timing with the coronavirus outbreak, MasterClass has arrived on Android TV. This comes alongside the service’s debut on Fire TV and Roku. Apple TV was the first major TV platform to get the app, but it’s also been available on iOS/iPad and Android for a while.
MasterClass Now Streaming on TVs Everywhere
Access to the world’s best from a new suite of apps for Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku Players
SAN FRANCISCO, April 16, 2020 — MasterClass, the platform that makes it possible for anyone to learn from the best, today announced that its content is now streaming on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Roku® devices. These newest additions join MasterClass’s suite of apps that include Android, iOS, iPad® and Apple TV®.
According to Parks Associates, nearly 3/4 of U.S. homes have a video streaming service. With its new apps for the Roku platform, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV, along with its successful Apple TV app, MasterClass is now available for big screen consumption on nearly all of them.
“We know people are stuck at home right now so we wanted to make it possible for people to watch from any room in the house,” said David Rogier, co-founder and CEO of MasterClass. “With the addition of these streaming apps, members can step into Kelly Wearstler’s living room, travel to Gabriela Cámara’s kitchen in Mexico City or go backstage with David Sedaris, all from the comfort of their couch.”
Through the big screen viewing experience, members can:
- Access MasterClass’s library of 80+ classes on business, culinary arts, photography, writing, performance and more
- Enjoy a class that looks like a movie on the big screen, with cinematic visuals and close-up, hands-on demonstrations that make you feel one-on-one with the instructor
- Explore and learn at their own pace
- Easily search, binge, skip around and repeat
- Stay up-to-date on new classes as well as “Popular Lessons,” a curated selection of lessons across all categories
- Get early access to select new classes later this year
MasterClass is now streaming on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku devices. With a MasterClass membership, it’s free to add the MasterClass app to supported streaming devices. Members can also purchase the All-Access Pass directly from their Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices. Subscribe to greatness at MasterClass.com.
More on Android TV:
- Google Play Store pushes health/fitness apps, Android TV gets ‘stay mindful & fit’ row
- You shouldn’t buy Google’s ADT-3 Android TV dongle, so here’s a quick look [Gallery]
- Google Stadia readying Android TV app
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.