This week we talk about the stable launch of Android 11 and everything around the release, as well as the latest Pixel 5 rumors. We end by discussing the merits/downsides of the Microsoft Surface Duo, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, and Motorola Razr 5G.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Thursday afternoon at 4-5 PM ET and published on Friday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Google launches Android 11, rolling out now to Pixel phones
- Pixel Feature Drop brings AR location sharing in Google Maps Live View
- Android 11 statue can be viewed in AR, complete with a red velvet cake recipe
- Google keeping Android Beta Program open for pre-release Android 11 updates
- Oppo will debut ColorOS 11 based on Android 11 next week, beta released today
- Xiaomi and Realme open limited Android 11 previews
- OxygenOS 11 open beta w/ Android 11 is now available for OnePlus 8 series
- [Update: Supported vehicles] ‘AAWireless’ dongle aims to bring Android Auto Wireless to your car
- Android 11 brings wireless Android Auto to all phones
- Google Pixel 5 leak shows off speckled rear, ‘5s’ possibly distinguishes between 5G models
- Ex-Pixel camera lead Marc Levoy on using the same sensor, working at Google, and what’s next
- Surface Duo review roundup: An expensive multitasking mixed bag
- Moto Razr 5G first impressions roundup: A slightly improved novelty
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.