Ahead of Thanksgiving and the long weekend, YouTube TV is giving all subscribers a free preview of HBO Max and Cinemax. These are otherwise paid add-on channels over your monthly membership.
Update 6/17/21: YouTube TV is again hosting a “preview event” where subscribers can watch HBO Max and Cinemax for free this weekend. The promo actually starts today (just browse/search) and ends on Monday, June 21. Like before, access will be automatically removed after the five days.
You’ll have the whole weekend (and then some) to explore HBO Max fan favorites like Wonder Woman 1984, HBO classics like Game of Thrones and The Sopranos, new HBO Originals like Mare of Easttown and The Nevers, and recent movie releases like Tenet and The High Note …
Original 11/25/20: In an email to subscribers this afternoon, Google calls it a “little gift” and thanks members for “being part of the YouTube TV family.” The preview is live now and lasts five days until November 29. To access, search for an HBO show or navigate to the channel from the Live tab.
HBO Max usually costs $14.99 per month, while Cinemax is $9.99. Both offer seven-day free trials for first-time customers.
All subscribers are automatically enrolled with “no action needed on your part.” After Sunday, “access will be removed from your service,” with no fear of being charged extra. This follows several similar promotions:
- New YouTube TV subscribers can get a free Chromecast with Google TV
- NFL RedZone is free on YouTube TV this weekend as HBO Max gets one-year discount
- YouTube TV hands out 30-day free trials for Cinemax if you redeem by next week
The cord-cutting service currently costs $64.99 per month and includes 85 channels with an unlimited cloud DVR and six accounts per household (with three simultaneous streams).
More about YouTube TV:
- YouTube TV loses local sports network NESN, a shame for Boston Red Sox and Bruins fans
- YouTube TV now has 3 million paid subscribers, 30M for Music/Premium
- YouTube TV rolling out integration with NFL Fantasy Football
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.