After launching stateside in April, Google’s second-generation Assistant headphones saw an international release last month. The company promised more Pixel Buds (2020) colors in August, and they are now starting to hit retailers.
Update 8/20: Just Black, Oh So Orange, and Quite Mint first become available at Best Buy in the US just after midnight (PT). They can now be purchased and ship immediately, though the first two colors are currently “Sold out.” The Pixel Buds in all four colors are not yet available from the Google Store, though that will likely change today in line with the Pixel 4a launch.
- Google Pixel Buds are now available in Just Black, Oh So Orange, and Quite Mint
- First Pixel Buds feature drop adds bass boost, Attention Alerts, and disabling touch controls
Update 8/15: John Lewis in the UK is the next retailer to start selling Almost Black Pixel Buds. Along with Clearly White, those are the only two colors that will be available in the country. Meanwhile, Walmart stateside pulled last week’s listing, but not before it did indeed ship to some people.
Original 8/9: As of Sunday afternoon, Walmart is selling the Almost Black Pixel Buds with delivery set for this coming Friday. There are new high-resolution shots of the gray color option, and some buyers have managed to place their orders and get shipping date estimates.
Other US retailers and carriers have yet to update their listings, while Best Buy still has the release date as “Not announced.” The Google Store is also still showing waitlists for Just Black, Oh So Orange, and Quite Mint.
Shortly before the April launch, international Google Stores were updated to reflect how not all four colors will be available in every country:
- Australia: Clearly White
- Canada: Clearly White, Quite Mint, Almost Black
- France: Clearly White
- Germany: Clearly White
- Ireland: Clearly White
- Italy: Clearly White
- Japan: Clearly White, Quite Mint, Almost Black
- Singapore: Clearly White
- Spain: Clearly White
- United Kingdom: Clearly White, Almost Black
- United States: Oh So Orange, Clearly White, Quite Mint, Almost Black
It’s been a month since the expansion to nine countries, and today’s timing fits for Pixel Buds becoming available in more colors. August is also supposed to see a software update that adds unspecified new features.
More about Pixel Buds:
- Google Pixel Buds Review: So good, we can forget the originals even existed
- Google details how the Pixel Buds update process works
- Pixel Buds firmware 296 update will fix static ‘hissing’ issue
- Google working on ‘Bluetooth stability and connectivity’ fixes for Pixel Buds
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.