This week 9to5Google’s Abner Li, Ben Schoon, and Kyle Bradshaw discuss their thoughts on the items that came out of the Google I/O keynote and what didn’t get mentioned.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are published every Thursday. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Here’s everything new in Android 12 Beta 1 [Gallery]
- Android 12 Beta 1: Google’s design overhaul is here, but most of the features are missing
- Material You is Google’s new personalized design language
- Android 12 introduces ‘Privacy Dashboard,’ camera/mic indicators and blocks
- Android 12’s first beta has no glaring issues, and Google Pay works! [Updated]
- Google announces new Wear OS w/ Samsung partnership, revamped apps, and Fitbit
- Samsung is working to port Google’s Flutter SDK to Galaxy Watch and other Tizen devices
- Fitbit will make ‘premium’ smartwatches based on Wear OS
- Samsung teases plans to release a Wear OS smartwatch w/ support ‘long into the future’
- Wear OS emulator gives a tantalizing glimpse at the Android 11-based redesign [Video]
- Here’s a quick look at YouTube Music & other revamped Google apps for Wear OS [Gallery]
- Current Wear OS owners have to wait until ‘later this year’ to find out if they’ll get the new version
- Next Wear OS update enabling 3rd-party Tiles will be available in ‘coming weeks’
- Android TV and Google TV surpass 80 million active devices w/ strong US growth
- New Android 12 digital car keys use NFC or UWB, coming to Pixel and Samsung this year
- Google will finally replace the Android TV remote app later this year
- Android Auto now available on 100M cars, instrument cluster integration coming
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
Enjoy the podcast?
Shop Google on Amazon to support Alphabet Scoop!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.