Made by Google this morning tweeted that it had a “preview to share on new Pixel phones.” Set for 9 a.m. PT, we highly expect that the company’s hardware division will tease its Pixel 2021 lineup.
In 2021, Google flipped the order and teased its flagship Pixel devices first. We now know a great deal about the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro:
- Google confirms ‘Pixel 6’ and ‘Pixel 6 Pro’ name w/ ‘Tensor’ chip, coming this fall
- Google confirms camera revamp on Pixel 6 series, including 4x telephoto on ‘Pro’
- Pixel 6 applies HDR to each frame of video, apparently gives an edge over the iPhone
- Google will spend more on marketing the Pixel 6 series than any Made by Google phone to date
- Yes, you heard right — the Pixel 6 series looks to restore a ‘real’ earpiece speaker
- Google Pixel 6 specs: ‘Tensor’ chip, 120Hz display, 4x zoom, under-display fingerprint
- The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro confirmed to launch in these 8 countries
- New Google Keep widget w/ Material You design teased on Pixel 6
That reversal does make a great deal of sense as the Pixel 4a last year was — arguably — a very interesting phone for being affordable and featuring a new Google design language compared to what came before.
This year’s “a” phone does not have that same magic or level of interest with price, possibly, being its saving graces. The real interest in 2021 is around the Pixel flagships and Google correctly teased its future.
This follows what happened last year with how Google announced the Pixel 4a in August and at the same time teased two upcoming phones for later in the year. The Pixel 5a is widely expected to be similar to last year’s Pixel 4a 5G and is expected in August.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.