Following reviews yesterday, the Pixel 4a (5G) and Pixel 5 are arriving on people’s doorsteps today. Google this afternoon released factory images for the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a (5G).
The Pixel 5 (redfin) has two builds available today. Most users around the world are on RD1A.200810.020, while Japan’s KDDI is RD1A.200810.021.A1. Meanwhile, the Pixel 4a (5G) has one build.
All three are on the October security patch, even though it was released half-way during the month. In the US, the Pixel 5 will ship by the end of this month, but people might not receiving until the start of November. It will be curious to see what patch is included. Meanwhile, it will also be interesting whether the stateside Pixel 5 has its own build given the presence of mmWave radios.
- Pixel 5: RD1A.200810.020 (Oct 2020) — Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: RD1A.200810.021.A1 (Oct 2020, KDDI only) — Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): RD1A.200810.020 (Oct 2020) — Factory Image — OTA
These images allow users to restore a software-damaged Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 to the original factory firmware. However, Google notes how it is “typically easier and safer to sideload the full OTA image instead,” which is also available today.
More about Pixel 5:
- Google’s Pixel Launcher adds grid size option on new version from the Pixel 5
- Pixel 5 Review Roundup: A well-rounded device with tough competition
- Pixel 4a 5G Review Roundup: A perfectly adequate middle child
- Google Pixel 5 has slightly faster wireless charging compared to Pixel 4
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.