The OnePlus 8T hasn’t been available for purchase for too long, but already we’ve seen two updates roll out. The latest being OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 which resolves a few minor issues that we have even seen on our own early units.
While the OnePlus 8T is a good smartphone, it doesn’t whet the appetite in quite the same way as the OnePlus 8 Pro — granted it isn’t truly a follow-up to that device. It’s by no means perfect but it’s a solid product, it clearly needed some software fixes to improve the experience according to the OxygenOS dev team.
OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 should improve the already impressive power consumption and heat generation, with improved Bluetooth connectivity, icon loading issues, plus — as we have experienced — there are fixes for 5G power consumption.
Overall, it’s a series of fixes for the kinds of things that owners often complain of in the early weeks of a device going on sale. Although we’re not defending the practice, some things are always easier to fix when in the “real world.”
Like all previous OS updates, OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 was confirmed to be beginning the rollout phase over on the official OnePlus Forums. You can check out the full changelog below:
OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 for OnePlus 8T update changelog
- Optimized system power consumption and reduce heat generation
- Fixed the issue that icons are not displayed on the desktop in a small probability
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Optimized Bluetooth connection to reduce latency
- Improved connection stability
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with loading preview photo
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
The caveat is that this update is rolling out incrementally, so if you have managed to get your hands on the OnePlus 8T, then the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update might not hit your device for a few days — or in edge-cases, weeks. You can always keep an eye on the official system download pages if you are happy to sideload manually. Alternatively, Oxygen Updater does already have the .zip files for you to flash.
More on OnePlus:
- OnePlus 8T review: Brilliantly boring [Video]
- OxygenOS Open Beta 3 rolls out for OnePlus 8/8 Pro w/ October patch, Canvas and AOD tweaks, more
- OxygenOS 10.5.9 rolls out for OnePlus Nord w/ October patch, new Fnatic mode tweaks, more
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.