Huawei recently announced the Mate 8 for intenernational markets and brought its low-end Honor 5X to the United States, but the company apparently isn’t stopping there. Today, the Chinese company began selling another smartphone in the United States. As per its Amazon listing the US version of the Huawei GX8 is available for $350…
The phone is basically just a repackaged version of the G8 phone that the company launched last year in international markets.
The phone is a Dual SIM LTE smartphone that works with AT&T and T-Mobile networks as well as others. The phone (sadly) runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with 16GB Internal memory (expandable via microSD card up to 128GB) and 2 GB RAM, as well as a Qualcomm 64-bit Snapdragon 615 processor. You’ll find a 5.5-inch full HD display on board, a 13MP main camera with support for time-lapse, slow-motion, and perfect-selfie, as well as a fingerprint sensor like the Honor 5X and the Mate 8.
- Unlocked Dual SIM LTE smartphone with Dual SIM capability. Supports nano-sim, nano-sim and a microSD shared slot with Micro SD card up to 128GB. Works with AT&T and T-Mobile Networks.
- Sleek, robust housing crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum made with four metal finishing processes.
- An accurate fast fingerprint sensor improves with time and unlocks in 0.5 Seconds. Set your fingers as shortcuts to call contacts and take photos.
- Powered by Android 5.1 Lollipop with 16GB Internal memory and 2 GB RAM. A Qualcomm 64-bit Octa-Core Processor renders a smooth, responsive experience.
- A Picture perfect 5.5-Inch, 1080P full HD display can Show off your 13MP Camera pictures with shooting modes like time-lapse, slow-motion, and perfect-selfie.
The phone comes in three colors for the United States: Gold, Champagne, and Grey. As mentioned, the GX8 is $350 shipped, putting it in competition with phones like the Nexus 5X, Moto X, and the HTC One A9.