Continuing with the theme of animations and colors, Google has added a neat little animation in Android 12 for Pixel 4 owners that highlights the face unlock sensor when it’s used.
A small change that Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL owners may notice after jumping into Android 12 Beta 2 is a neat little animation that happens after the device is unlocked. As the lockscreen disappears, a wave of color emits from the top of the display down toward the bottom, signifying that face unlock was just used.
This is pretty similar to some other animations found on Pixels in Android 12 including two similar “waves” that appear when the device is being charged. Like those animations, this one also changes to match the theme of your wallpaper.
Notably, we’re not seeing this same animation on other Pixel smartphones running the same build, only on Pixel 4. Given the poor sales and reception of the Pixel 4, it’s almost strange to see Google giving it a specific feature, but nonetheless it’s nice to see for those who are still using the device.
We’re still digging into what’s new in Android 12 Beta 2. If you spot anything, drop a comment below or ping us on Twitter.
More on Android 12:
- Google rolling out Android 12 Beta 2 for Pixel phones
- How to get the Android 12 Beta on Google Pixel
- Android 12 Beta 2: Power menu has been replaced with an entirely new design
- Android 12 Beta 2: Wallpaper-based color themes go live, on by default
- Android 12 Beta 2: Volume slider ditches the comically huge bubble design
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.