This week we talk about some fun Halloween Googley stuff, some interesting tidbits surrounding Pixel and other Made by Google products, and other random Android news.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Friday and published on Saturday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Made by Google talks design, Cast over Android Things on Home Hub, and Netflix
- Google Pixel 3 XL bug adds a bizarre second notch to the side of the phone, fix coming
- Sundar Pichai talks Google Pixel challenges, but ‘everything is progressing well’
- Google Home Hub vs. JBL and Lenovo Smart Displays: What’s the difference? [Video]
- 2018 Material Design Award winners announced, all featuring unique Material Themes
- Pie still absent in October distribution numbers, Oreo now 2nd most used version of Android
- OnePlus 6T goes official w/ 6.41-inch display, smaller notch, in-display fingerprint, T-Mobile, $549
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Insane camera, battery and everything but the kitchen sink [Video]
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 goes official w/ no notch, sliding camera module, 10GB RAM, Snapdragon 845
- RED Hydrogen One Review: Unique, but almost no one should buy it
- Samsung Galaxy S10 reportedly launching w/ 5G, slimmer bezels, camera under display, possibly no headphone jack
- LG reportedly bringing a foldable smartphone to CES 201
- Samsung working with Google on ‘special version of Android’ for foldable phone ‘Winner’
- Hands-on: OnePlus 6 gets Nightscape and other OnePlus 6T features in OxygenOS Beta 6, how to install [Video]