This week we primarily talk about Google’s surprising pre-announcement of the Pixel 4’s Soli and Motion Sense features, as well as Pixel sales and the new Android Auto experience.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Thursday afternoon at 4-5 PM ET and published on Friday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Official Pixel 4 teaser confirms and details face unlock, Soli, display bezels [Video]
- [Update: Privacy details] Google is gathering face data for Pixel 4 in the streets for $5
- Opinion: Pixel 4’s ‘massive bezel’ is more than justified by the amount of tech inside
- Benchmarks surface for ‘Atlas,’ revealing possible Pixelbook 2 specs
- Pixel 3a helped Google increase Pixel sales by over 2x last quarter
- New Android Auto rollout officially starts today, available to all in ‘coming weeks’
- Android Auto’s redesign makes meaningful changes at the expense of smarts [Video]
- Nvidia rolling out Android Pie to Shield TV with Upgrade 8.0
- [Update: Remote, dongle] Nvidia Shield TV w/ Android TV pops up at FCC with an updated chipset
- Google ADT-3 Android TV developer hardware tipped for late 2019 release
- Samsung ‘ready to launch’ Galaxy Fold this September, details fixes
- Samsung’s Galaxy Fold won’t be carried by T-Mobile upon re-release
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is a high-end Android tablet w/ Snapdragon 855 for $649
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.