About After Hours: In this daily roundup, we cover some of the more minor stories regarding Android and Google from the day with additional commentary. To catch up on everything we publish, check out some of the biggest stories of the day below, and listen to 9to5Google Daily every morning.
Asus has a list of games to support its ROG Phone II and higher refresh rates
To help buyers of its new ROG Phone II with its 120Hz display, Asus put out a list of games that support high refresh rates on Android. There are dozens of games on the list with many of them offering full 120fps support and others just barely passing 60fps. This same list ought to come in handy when the Pixel 4 rolls around with its 90Hz display too.
Xiaomi teases a new Mi TV w/ Netflix support
Xiaomi puts out a lot of TVs based on Android, but they’ve lacked support for Netflix. Recently, the company teased a new launched over on Twitter for a Mi TV coming to India with support for Netflix streaming. The unveiling is set for September 17th, just a few days ahead of OnePlus’ big reveal.
"Kabhi kabhi lagta hai apun hi bhagwaan hai." 😉
Dropping the biggest hint of the season. Turn up the volume and listen to this. Tell us your guess with #MiTV in comments.
— Mi TV India for #MiFans (@MiTVIndia) September 9, 2019
Someone installed Spotify on a Xiaomi vacuum and it’s kinda cool
In the barely-related news that After Hours is good for, someone installed Spotify on a vacuum cleaner from Xiaomi. The clever method even works with casting from the Spotify app on another smartphone through the “terrible” speakers. You can see it in action in the video below with more details over at XDA-Developers.
Wear OS should be embarrassed after the new Apple Watch
Wear OS has never held a candle to the Apple Watch, and the gap is only getting wider with each new release. With today’s reveal of the Apple Watch Series 5, Apple shows more than ever how good its product is, and as the folks at Android Police dive into, Wear OS makers should be embarrassed. As they explain in the piece, it’s time for “radical changes” to not just Wear OS as a platform, but the hardware that runs it too. More details on the new Apple Watch are available from 9to5Mac.
Today’s Top Stories:
- Gmail for Android dark theme begins rolling out [Gallery]
- ‘Coral’ Pixel 4 leaks in hands-on video showing us new color up close [Video]
- Another Pixel 4 XL leak corroborates display size, Snapdragon 855
- Pixel 4’s ‘Motion Sense’ settings, features shown off in latest leak w/ more pics
- OnePlus will fix aggressive background app management, promote ROMs for EOL devices
- Chrome 77 for Mac, Windows rolling out: ‘Send this page’ sharing, new favicon animation, more
- Apple caves, streams annual iPhone event on YouTube for first time
- Huawei Mate X hands-on: The most elegant foldable device so far [Video]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.