Google, in a post on its “Google and Your Business” blog, has just unveiled a new service for small business. Dubbed Google My Business, the service is essentially a central location for small business owners to control how their businesses appear in Google search results, Maps, and more.
Google My Business integrates all the variety of ways Google can index your business into one easy to manage location. You can update your business info for Search, Maps, and Google+ from a single location, which makes keeping everything the same much easier. You can slo add photos of your business directly to the service, as well. Users that currently use the Places for Business service and the Google+ Dashboard to manage their business will automatically be switched to Google My Business.
- Update your business info on Maps, Search, and Google+ from one place to make it easy for customers to get in touch
- Add beautiful photos of your business and a virtual tour of your business interior to help customers see what makes your business unique
- Connect directly with your fans and customers by sharing news, events and other important updates from your Google+ page
- Stay on top of reviews from across the web, and respond to Google reviews
- Understand how people find and interact with your business using custom insights and integration with AdWords Express
- Manage your information on-the-go with the Google My Business Android app and the iOS app (launching soon)
Google also announced an Android and iOS app for Google My Business that allows owners to manage their information on the go. The app will be available soon. Business owners can check out the service here.