It’s April 14th, and that means the latest OnePlus event has arrived. 9to5Google’s OnePlus 8 Live Blog + News Hub will be updated regularly throughout the day with the latest announcements. The event kicks off at 11AM ET/8AM PT, so read on for quick links to our roundup coverage over the last few weeks, tweets, and all the latest news as it develops…
First of all, if you haven’t been following along with all our roundup coverage over the last few weeks, there’s plenty of required reading to be had there. Here’s what we know about today so far:
- OnePlus 8’s prices leaked by European retailer, Pro starts at €919
- OnePlus 8 Pro camera sample shows off ultrawide night photography w/ good detail
- OnePlus 8 design and ‘Glacial Green’ color finishes teased by CEO Pete Lau
- OnePlus 8 Series officially confirmed to pack wireless charging as fast charger leaks
- Official OnePlus 8 renders leak w/ stunning ‘Interstellar Glow’ color variant
How to stream OnePlus 8 Series announcement
TL;DR the OnePlus YouTube channel will stream the entire event live, and the announcements start at 11AM ET/8AM PT.
More details & embedded player:
Official announcements + details
OnePlus 8 + OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro go official w/ Snapdragon 865, 5G, $699 start price
- OnePlus 8 gets 100GB Google One promo, Stadia support coming to OnePlus phones
- OnePlus announces ‘Crackables 2.0’ contest w/ chance to win $10,000
- ‘OnePlus 8 5G UW’ is coming to Verizon, but not the Pro (and there’s a logo on the back)
- OnePlus 8 First Impressions: Super-speed now comes at a cost [Video]
- OnePlus 8 Pro First Impressions: Does it check the boxes for a $900 flagship?
- Where to buy OnePlus 8: T-Mobile, Verizon, and Amazon
- OnePlus 8’s carrier models are IP68 rated, but the unlocked ones aren’t
Live Blog (Reload for continuous updates…)
— Just a bit over an hour until the event kicks off. We’ll be updating things live here as they’re announced, so stay tuned.
— 5 minutes til go-time!
— “We’re bringing you a full lineup of 5G devices — the OnePlus 8 series!”
— “Beautiful to Be Hold” is definitely a tagline. “We want you to be able to feel like you are picking up a work of art.”
— They’re spending a lot of time talking about the feel in the hand.
— Green, Black, and Blue are the three colors, as was expected.
— Bunch of OnePlus 8 Pro specs being shown on screen. “One of the best displays you’ll find on any smartphone.” DisplayMate gave the OnePlus 8 Pro their best display award.
— Biggest camera upgrade in a OnePlus phone. 4 cameras.
— Hybrid image stabilization. OIS + EIS.
— More specs on OnePlus 8 Pro confirmed…
— 4510 mAh battery. Warp Charge wireless is also official.
— Oxygen OS. Focus on smoothness as usual. New dark theme. New dynamic wallpapers. Live Caption via Google.
— OnePlus 8 Pro will have 3 months of Google One for free. Also Stadia! More details on that soon. Also Amazon. New retail partner.
— And that’s the OnePlus 8 Pro. Ad rolling.
— “That’s not all we have to show you,” and “here’s the counterpart, the pure OnePlus 8.”
— “The best of OnePlus design in a smaller form-factor.” Comparing it with the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max…
— Talking about the outside design… one OnePlus photographer said it was the hardest phone ever to photograph.
— Some OnePlus 8 display specs for you… another A+ rating from DisplayMate.
— The standard OnePlus 8 has a triple-camera setup.
— Specs rundown on OnePlus 8
— And that’s the OnePlus 8! One more final point: Both the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro support 5G. OnePlus will also be coming to the Verizon network. OnePlus 8 5G UW… exclusively on the Verizon ultrawideband network. “We’re all-in 5G.”
— Now onto some of the more interesting things…
— Bullets Wireless Z, the latest headphones from OnePlus. 10 minute charge gets you 10 hours of listening time. Full charge gets you 20 hours. Lightweight. Black, Blue, Mint, and Oak.
— Sandstone look and feel coming to OnePlus 8 cases.
— And now finally, prices.
— Bullets Wireless Z is $50. OnePlus 8 starts at $699. OnePlus 8 Pro starts at $899.
— Crackables 2.0 is back. Made with Google.
— And that’s a wrap! Be sure to head to the top of the post for all the details in our coverage. No OnePlus Z appearance for today, womp womp.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.