This week, we talk all about our Google Fun House impressions, rumors we’ve heard from a source about navigation in Android P, the rebrand of Android Wear as Wear OS and what it might mean, Stephen’s early experiences with a slew of Nest products, a handful of app updates, and much more.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Friday and published on Saturday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Take a tour of the Google Assistant Fun House at SXSW without going to Austin [Gallery]
- Google Assistant Routines begin initial rollout, replaces ‘My Day’
- After a long wait, Nest Hello doorbell and Nest x Yale lock are now available
- Nest announces a $39 Temperature Sensor to pair with your Nest Thermostat [Updated]
- Google officially rebrands Android Wear smartwatches to ‘Wear OS’
- Google Play services beta hints at Android Wear rebrand to ‘Wear OS’
- Here’s the list of Android Wear watches getting updated to Wear OS
- Which Android-branded product will be next to lose the namesake, if any? [Poll]
- Google Home adds location reminders as Now on Tap-like text selection widely comes to Lens
- Google Assistant iOS app now offers native support for iPad
- Google Lens w/ visual search and assistance now rolling out to Google Photos for iOS
- YouTube officially announces a dark theme for Android and iOS
- YouTube testing picture-in-picture on the web for simultaneous watching, browsing
- Google Maps is powering the upcoming wave of real-world, Pokemon Go-like games
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.