This week we talk about new support in Android for Android Foldables, Pixel Slate pre-orders go up, and is Google considering a Nest rebrand of its smart home products?
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
With Samsung expected to preview its highly rumored foldable smartphone today, Google announced Android support for this new device category. Named “Android Foldables,” Google is laying out the basic groundwork by taking advantage of existing Android features.
The Pixel Slate is the only Made by Google 2018 product that has yet to be released, with the company only noting availability for later this year. Meanwhile, since the 10/9 event, a Best Buy listing has featured a November 22nd launch date, with the retailer today putting up Pixel Slate pre-orders.
Google is working on a Nest rebrand, according to a source. The discussions are still early, our source warned, and it’s still unclear when such a change would actually see the light of day.
- Samsung reveals foldable ‘Infinity Flex’ display on prototype hardware ahead of launch next year
- Samsung reveals ‘One UI,’ its new design language, launching w/ Android Pie this January
- Google to start testing Android Slices in Google Search w/ popular apps this month
- Samsung’s Android Pie open beta hits Galaxy S9 and Note 9 this month, public release January 2019
- Google Pixel Slate has finally hit the FCC, is now one step closer to release
- Google is returning to CES 2019 with the biggest outdoor booth at the show
- ‘Bonito’ codename emerges in ARCore alongside new possible Google ‘Sargo’ device
- Google will roll out an update to Pixel 3 to fix memory management issues ‘in the coming weeks’
- November security patch rolling out to Pixel/Nexus devices, factory images and OTAs live
- Google Pixel 3 ‘Sights of Sound’ pop-up experience coming to 5 U.S. cities this fall
- Hands-on: Apple’s new USB-C headphone adapter is your cheapest option for analog audio on Pixel
- Death of the Nexus: Final guaranteed OTA updates hit Nexus 6P and 5X
- Now Playing History from Pixel 3 rolling out to Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 3 update no longer shows ‘Charging Rapidly’ when on 5W wireless chargers