This week we talk about Google buying Fitbit and its (lack of) implications for Wear OS, some followup on the Pixel 4, and the recent RCS fiasco.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Wednesday afternoon at 4-5 PM ET and published on Thursday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Review: Subtlety makes and breaks the Pixel 4’s new Google Assistant
- Google Pixel 3 vs Pixel 4 comparison: Should you upgrade?
- Pixel 4 camera white-balance algorithm can cause stark color differences by mistake
- [Update: Official explanation] Google Pixel 4 drops from 90Hz refresh rate when you lower the brightness
- Google Pixel 4 disables 90Hz display for these four apps, including Google Maps
- [Update: Google responds] Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile join forces to bring RCS to Android in 2020
- Google Messages trick enables RCS on any Android phone and carrier
- Google parent Alphabet has reportedly made an offer to acquire Fitbit
- ‘Snapdragon Wear 3300’ for Wear OS may bring 5 years of performance improvements
- Xiaomi Mi Watch shows off Snapdragon Wear 3100, UI for China in latest teasers
- Xiaomi shows off design and specs for its Wear OS smartwatch in more teaser images
- The Moto 360 is being re-released for 2019 w/ new internals, familiar design
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.