This week we talk about Google Pixel Slate and our review, thoughts, answer some questions, and much more. We also talk about the Brydge G-Type keyboard, Google Fi’s rebranding, and more.
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
The Google Pixel Slate is at the same time its own worthwhile — and as I’ll argue, great — device with its own attractive qualities, but also a very familiar user experience that seems grasping for a purpose…
Google Pixel Slate definitely isn’t perfect, but it has at least one big thing going for it: its detachable tablet form-factor means you actually get some choice when it comes to keyboards (unlike with a laptop like the Pixelbook). This also means you’re going to have to buy a keyboard if you want one — whether that be a Google-made one or a Made for Google one. At launch there are a couple options to pick from, and the Brydge G-Type might be the best one you can buy right now.
Back in 2015, Project Fi launched as Google’s take on cellular service and has over the years added new features, as well as support for more phones. As suggested earlier this month, the MVNO is now simply called Google Fi and vastly expanding its Android device compatibility and supporting iPhones.
- Alleged photos of Pixel 3 Lite aka ‘Sargo’ leak w/ headphone jack, Snapdragon 670 [Gallery]
- Alleged Google Pixel 3 Lite ‘Sargo’ camera samples leak [Gallery]
- Latest Pixel 3 Lite ‘Sargo’ leaks show off the budget device alongside other Pixels, iPhone XR [Gallery]
- Cam Compare: Pixel 3 XL Night Sight vs OnePlus 6T Nightscape [Video]
- Google launches Pixel 3 ‘Unswitchables’ ad campaign to target iPhone users [Video]
- Google Duplex now available for Pixel owners in ‘select cities,’ here’s what it looks and sounds like [Video]
- Google Pixel 3 XL buzzing issue will be patched ‘in the coming weeks’
- [Update: Google responds, fix coming] ‘Fatal error’ camera bug plagues some Pixel 3 units, Google refusing replacement devices for some
- Digital Wellbeing for Android 9 Pie exits beta, available on Google Pixel and Android One
- Google ‘Call Screen’ will enable saving transcripts starting later this year for Pixel users
- Comment: With Black Friday deals, now is the time to go all-in on a Google-powered smart home
- Google Home Hub testing new brightness, volume, & alarm controls in latest firmware
- Lenovo Smart Display update delivers new cooking features, additional Home Hub functionality, more
- Comment: Lenovo Smart Display (8-inch) may be a better Black Friday buy than Google Home Hub
- LG’s Google Assistant smart display launches for $300, holiday savings cut it to $200