This week, we talk all about what we’ve heard about forthcoming changes to navigation in Android P, a mystery Android TV dongle that passed through the FCC, and Google’s ongoing design changes that many refer to as “Material Design 2”.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Friday and published on Saturday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Android TV dongle passes through FCC w/ Android Oreo, Assistant remote, Google logo and 4K capabilities [Update]
- Google planning Gmail web redesign w/ Smart Reply, snooze, & more, preview in coming weeks
- Gmail web revamp leaks w/ rounded design, sidebar widgets, Google Tasks, and more
- Touch-optimized Chrome in the works w/ major Material Design 2 refresh possibly this year
- These Material Design 2-inspired concepts imagine the next iteration of the Google Play Store [Gallery]
- Google app testing updated ‘Material Design 2’ on Feed, Pixel Launcher; more Assistant tweaks
- HP Chromebook X2 is the first Chrome OS detachable, competes w/ iPad Pro at $599
- Google Store and Project Fi no longer selling the original Google Pixel, Pixel XL
- Google Phone app gaining direct-to-voicemail spam filtering, beta test program
- YouTube for Android widely rolling out muted autoplaying videos in ‘Home’ feed
- Google Play Store widely rolling out inline app update changelogs
- Google Phone 19 enables bottom bar redesign, preps spam filtering & disabling voicemail transcript [APK Insight]
- Google’s latest I/O 2018 sessions hint at ‘exciting updates’ for Google Photos, .app domain launch
- LG announces May 2nd launch event for ‘LG G7 ThinQ’ as official-looking renders leak
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.