The company says that it will be offering three types of outdoor lights in the USA and Europe in July …
philips hue Stories March 12
philips hue Stories July 27, 2017
Google Home is capable of a multitude of things, and for a lot of users, one function of Home that’s the most helpful is using it to control smart home devices. Philips Hue light bulbs are the most popular connected lights on the market, and according to numerous reports on the Google Home Help Forum, they simply aren’t working for a lot of people.
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
philips hue Stories April 28, 2017
Back at launch, Google Home wasn’t very friendly with smart home products, but over the past few months, Google has worked with more new companies to expand what Home is capable of. Personally, I love using smart home products, and I do so quite often in my home office. Here’s what I’ve been using.
philips hue Stories March 17, 2017
Philips has announced that it is extending its range of Hue bulbs, adding an E14/B39 ‘candle’ bulb to fit smaller lamps. This will be added to the E26/A19, bayonet and GU10 fittings.
The new bulbs will be available in both white and color versions, as with the existing range, and will hit Europe in April, reaching the U.S. ‘later this year.’
Philips says that the candle bulbs will be particularly useful for bedside table lamps …
philips hue Stories December 15, 2015
Philips Hue blocks access to ‘untested’ third-party bulbs due to ‘interoperability issues’
An update to the Philips Hue system has blocked access to some third-party bulbs, including GE Link LED (above) and Cree Connected LED, citing ‘interoperability issues.’ While existing bulbs already linked to the Philips Hue Bridge will continue to work for now, the system is not currently allowing additional bulbs to be added, and Philips says there are no guarantees that this won’t change in future updates.
We are seeing an increasing number of interoperability issues with these untested third party products, which are causing increasing confusion for our installed base. They are also hampering our ongoing development and damaging the consistency of experience for the Philips Hue ecosystem. Next to confusing differences in setup and resetting, we’ve encountered a number of such issues over the years including 3rd party lights which do not turn off when we fade them to off, lights which do not react correctly to scene recalls and lights which stop proper functioning of our Wireless Dimmer Kits.
This will disappoint many, as one of the promises of the Hue system was support for third-party bulbs. All is not yet lost, however.
Philips says that it has created a Friends of Hue program to allow third-party products to be tested and certified for use with the system. It also stated in a blog post that third-party apps will continue to work and will not require certification. If you want to add additional bulbs now, however, you are limited to official Philips Hue products.
The company has created a FAQ, which can be seen below.
philips hue Stories April 8, 2015
9to5Toys Last Call: Galaxy Note 3 (unlocked) $295, LG G3 w/ $100 Amazon GC, WD 2TB Hard Drive $80, more
Today’s can’t miss deals:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB (unlocked): $295 shipped (Reg. $500)
LG G3 w/ free $100 Amazon gift card for $0.01 w/ 2-yr contract or $479 w/o
WD My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive $80 shipped (Orig. $140)
Philips Hue Lux price drops make it cheaper than ever to add smart lighting to your house: single bulb $20, Starter Kit $80
GoPro HERO4 Black/Surf Camera: $399 (Reg. $499.99)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB (unlocked): $470 shipped (Reg. $700)
Small States Review: This is Ground’s Mod 2 is the ultimate tablet companion, giveaway worth $310
More new gear from today:
Games/Apps: Royal Trouble Hidden Adventures free (Reg. $7), Mortal Kombat X for iOS/Android launches, iOS freebies, more
Daily Deals: DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter $599, CaseCrown Pro Case for iPad Air 2 $5, Vaas Waterproof Bluetooth Shower Speaker $15, more
More deals still alive:
- Parrot Zik Wireless Bluetooth $230 (Reg. $300), Sennheiser Over-Ear $70 (Reg. $80+)
- JBL SoundFly Air wireless speaker with Apple AirPlay (Refurb.): $29 shipped (Orig. $140)
- Upgrade your HDTV’s audio w/ this 320W LG soundbar for $245 (Reg. $600)
- AOC 17-Inch USB 3.0 Powered Portable LCD/LED Monitor $170 shipped (orig. $250)
- AmazonBasics MFi Lightning cables: 6-ft $10 (Reg. $15), 3-ft $9 Prime shipped (Reg. $14)
- JBL Headphones: J55i $20 (Reg. $35+), J56BT wireless $55 (Reg. $70+)
- Xbox One AC Unity bundle w/ Halo MCC & 3-months Live $350, more
- Roomlia hotel savings app adds loyalty program: stay 7 nights, get 1 free
New products & more:
Orange Chef’s Countertop kitchen prep accessory integrates with Apple Watch and Vitamix
- Give your MacBook a boost with this stunning USA-sourced wooden stand from Grovemade
- NuDock wants to charge your Apple Watch, iPhone and every other USB device you own
- Monoprice introduces new line of 5 USB-C cables for connectivity & displays as low as $10
- This Tiko 3D Printer has a unibody design and direct drive titanium setup, costs only $179
- Roku announces new features and upgrades to its line of streaming media players
- Dust off your Game Boy cartridges, this case will let you play them on your iPhone 6 Plus
- Samsung’s Radiant360 R7 wireless speaker has a blimp-like design & 360 degree sound