Google I/O 2018 kicks off tomorrow morning, and while we are counting down the minutes until Sundar Pichai’s keynote address, we already have a good idea what some of the search giant’s significant announcements will be.
What Google I/O announcements are you looking forward to the most?
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
There are several big-ticket items that we know Google will address on stage and that definitely includes Android P. We already know that the company should release the next Developer Preview, but there’s also the chance that Google will announce the gesture-based navigation controls that leaked out earlier this year.
Overwhelming evidence also points to a much-needed refresh to Material Design. We’ve already seen Google update some of its apps and services with this new design language, but the company should officially release updated design guidelines for app developers and designers.
These and the rest of our pre-Google I/O 2018 stories below:
- What to expect from Google I/O 2018: Android P, ‘Material Design 2,’ Android Things, and more
- Exclusive: Some new Google app icons, and what they might mean for I/O 2018 [Gallery]
- Here’s what Google might have planned for Google Photos at I/O 2018
- New LG smartwatch revealed by FCC ahead of I/O 2018 w/ modified Wear OS app list
- LG teases new Google Lens features to be unveiled at Google I/O 2018
- Fuchsia Friday: Where is Fuchsia at Google I/O 2018?
- Google launches Android Things for Assistant speakers, displays, & IoT ahead of I/O 2018
- Google announces JBL Link Bar, first hybrid Android TV soundbar w/ always-on Assistant
- Report: Google emphasizing tech ‘responsibility’ at I/O 2018 with new Android usage tools
- Ahead of I/O, Google details & explains privacy advantages of Federated Learning [Video]
- Google announces Phantogram and Justice for I/O 2018 concert
So, what are you most excited for at this year’s I/O developer conference? Answer the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.