The explosion of Chrome OS over the past 18 to 20 months and at-home working similarly expanding unlike ever before, it’s refreshing to know that you don’t need to deal with cheap, underpowered Windows laptops or PCs to get actual work done. A case in point is the excellent Acer Chromebook Spin 713.
Acer Stories October 13
At today’s Next@Acer event, the company unveiled a suite of new Chromebooks including the revamped Acer Chromebook Spin 514.
Acer Stories May 27
Chromebooks have, over the past couple of years, graduated from the cheap alternative to Windows/Mac and have become real options in the laptop market. As a result, a lot of the hardware out there is solid but nothing remarkable. That’s the impression I walked away with after spending a few days with the new Acer Chromebook 514, a delightful laptop that does everything well.
During the Next @ Acer event, the company unveiled four new Chrome OS devices, including world’s firsts with the first Chromebook with a 17-inch screen, and the first to be Intel Evo certified.
Acer Stories January 19
Acer Stories January 7
For years Chromebooks have arrived with mostly Intel and some MediaTek chipsets, but in late 2020 AMD announced a new series of Chromebook chips. Now, Acer is adopting AMD Ryzen in its new Chromebook Spin 514.
Acer Stories October 21, 2020
The vast majority of Chrome OS devices today are powered by Intel chipsets today. Acer is breaking that mold today with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c-powered Chromebook Spin 513.
Acer Stories October 6, 2020
Over the last few years, Chromebooks have become useful to more than just students. Thanks to support for Android and Linux apps, Chromebooks are great for productivity and even app development. Now Chromebook makers are rising to meet the needs of power users and developers, and the Acer Spin 713 is one of the best and most affordable high-performance Chrome OS devices.
Acer Stories January 21, 2020
Acer has been a big player in the Chromebook space with an ever-increasing presence in the education market. Today, the Acer Chromebook 712 (C871) has been announced with an affordable price, several years of automatic updates, and a 3:2 display that’s great for productivity.
Acer Stories September 4, 2019
Acer Stories July 25, 2019
Acer Chromebook Spin 13 model w/ i7 and 16 GB of RAM coming soon
Since the advent of Linux apps on Chrome OS, what makes a device one of the best Chromebooks on the market has been changing. Now, more than ever, performance matters, and OEMs like Acer are beginning to meet the demand by bumping up specs across the board. Today, Acer has posted specs for a souped-up version of their Chromebook Spin 13 with a top-of-the-line Intel i7 processor.
Acer Stories April 11, 2019
Before Google’s Pixel Slate launched, we discovered that two additional Chromebooks were in-development with built-in fingerprint support. During today’s Next@Acer event, both of these fingerprint sensor equipped devices showed up as the Acer Chromebook 714 and 715, and we were able to go hands-on with them.
Acer Stories March 30, 2019
As Chrome OS continues to improve and offer consistent features and experience across all devices (with the exception of the Pixel line’s special treatment), the only real difference between two Chromebooks is the external and internal hardware. The Acer Chromebook 514 has hardware that certainly sets itself apart from the pack, but not always in a good way.
Acer Stories February 4, 2019
We learned last year that at least one Chromebase, the official name for an all-in-one style Chrome OS device, was in development from Chromium source code. Acer is the first to unveil their next generation of Chromebase hardware with the Acer Chromebase for Meetings 24V2 and Acer Chromebase 24I2.
Acer Stories January 23, 2019
Acer announces new 11.6-inch Chromebooks, including AMD-powered convertible
Acer yesterday announced the Chromebook Spin 512 with a 3:2 aspect ratio that’s also found on the Google Pixelbook. At BETT 2019, the company is launching four more Chrome OS device, including two running AMD processors.
Acer Stories January 22, 2019
Acer Stories January 6, 2019
Since 2011, Chrome OS devices have been powered by either Intel or ARM processors. At CES 2019, Acer is launching one of the first Chromebooks powered by an AMD chip with the 15.6-inch Chromebook 315.
Acer Stories August 29, 2018
Acer Stories August 2, 2018
Acer Chromebook 13 and Chromebook Spin 13 will arrive in September starting at $650
The Chrome OS market has been relatively quiet for the past few months. Earlier this year, Acer turned heads when it debuted several new models, and now, we finally know when the Acer Chromebook 13 and Acer Chromebook Spin 13 are going to hit the market…
Acer Stories June 18, 2018
Acer’s Chromebook Spin 15 is now available for pre-order for $450
Late last month, Acer announced several new Chromebooks including the Chromebook 15 Spin, one of the largest Chromebooks we’ve seen thus far. Slated for a July release, the Chromebook Spin 15 is now available for pre-order directly from Acer.
Acer Stories May 23, 2018
Acer’s new Chromebook Spin 15 is the largest Chrome OS laptop/tablet convertible yet
In addition to launching the Chromebook 13 and Chromebook Spin 13 this morning, Acer announced larger 15-inch models. The Spin 15 is the more premium version, but the line in general focuses on more casual use cases and media watching, with the Chromebook 15 targeted as being “value-oriented.”
Watch today’s next@acer event in New York City here [Livestream]
Tune in below to watch the next@acer event, live from New York City. As you may know, Acer is a pretty important player in the Chromebook space, so that’s the bulk of what we’re expecting for today when it comes to Google-related news. Tune in below…
Acer Stories May 17, 2018
Ed. Note: After publication, Acer changed the price from $250 to $270 which is only $20 more but quite a bit in this budget segment.
The Chromebook train keeps on trucking with Google’s partner companies turning out new, better specced, higher quality devices every few weeks it seems. Today we are taking a quick look at Acer’s new $270 fanless 4GB Chromebook 11 (CB311-8H-C5DV) in an Indigo Blue matte finish. It puts a speedy higher end 4GB/32GB SSD storage into a durable package kids will love.
Acer Stories April 13, 2018
Acer Chromebox CXI3 is now available online for $300
Chrome OS has undergone a lot of changes in the past several months, and recently we’ve been seeing a lot of new hardware form factors. Older options, though, have basically fallen by the wayside, especially in the case of Chromeboxes. However, Acer is keeping that option alive with the arrival of a brand-new Chromebox with the CXI3.
Acer Stories January 25, 2018
Over the past week, companies like Lenovo, Dell, and Acer have announced new Chrome OS devices as part of an education tradeshow in London. The latter announced a Chromebox and two Chromebooks, but Acer is apparently also showing off what appears to be a tablet running Chrome OS – in what would be a new form factor for the platform.
Acer Stories January 23, 2018
Acer Stories August 30, 2017
Announcements from IFA are slowly starting to trickle in, and one of the first comes from Acer with the company’s updated Chromebook 15. This latest model of the Chromebook 15 makes some solid improvements over its predecessors, and for those in the market for a large and powerful Chromebook option, this looks like one of your best bets.
Acer Stories August 9, 2017
Earlier in the year, we reviewed Acer’s Chromebook 11 C731 – a solid offering for around $300 that our Hayato Huseman said “makes a great budget laptop” for those looking for an inexpensive computer for note-taking, web-browsing, etc. Acer just announced an updated version of this with the C771, and like the C731 before it, this latest model is focused directly at customers in the education and commercial spaces.
Acer Stories May 25, 2017
Acer today has taken the wraps off of two new tablets: the Iconia Tab 10 and the Iconic One 10. The company announced the new tablets in a press release, touting the former as an entertainment-focused device and the latter as a productivity powerhouse.
Acer Stories January 24, 2017
Today at the BETT Show in London, two new Chromebooks have been announced. The first is from Acer, the Spin 11 while the second comes from ASUS, the C213. These new Chromebooks are designed specifically for education customers, packing a strong build, compact design, and special features for the target audience.
Acer Stories January 3, 2017
Acer debuts the education-focused rugged Chromebook N7 at CES 2017
CES 2017 is going into full swing this week, and at the show we’re expecting quite a few exciting new product announcements. To help kick things off, Acer has just debuted a brand new Chromebook, the Chromebook N7.
Acer Stories October 17, 2016
If you’ve been trying to choose between a cheap Chromebook and one with a larger screen, Acer may have solved your dilemma. The new Acer Chromebook 15 CB3-532-C47C provides a 15.6-inch display for just $199.
The catch is that the resolution is just 1366×768 (you get what you pay for), so don’t expect to have too many windows on-screen at any one time. But if you just want a larger screen to better see what you’re doing, view movies and create room for a larger keyboard, it may well be all you need …
Acer Stories August 31, 2016
IFA 2016 is now in full swing over in Berlin (with 9to5Google’s Stephen Hall at the show), and among other insane laptops, Acer has today announced the new Chromebook R13, a bigger brother to the popular Chromebook R11. This new convertible Chromebook packs a 13.3-inch touchscreen display on a reversible hinge, along with the first MediaTek processor ever in a Chromebook.
Acer Stories July 27, 2016
Following the arrival of Android apps on Chrome OS, new Chromebook models should be coming soon. Among those is a reported addition to Acer’s R lineup with the 13.3-inch Acer R13. While there’s not too much new about this Chromebook, it will reportedly be the first Chrome OS device powered by a chipset from MediaTek.
Acer Stories June 3, 2016
Acer’s new Chromebook 11 and Chromebook 14 go up for sale on the Google Store
Acer has been in the Chromebook world for a while and today their latest offerings have just gone up for sale on the Google Store. The first is another refresh to their popular line of 11.6-inch Chromebooks, the Acer Chromebook 11 (2016), and the second is the Acer Chromebook 14 which sports an all-aluminum build…
Acer Stories April 21, 2016
Acer Stories March 29, 2016
Acer Stories February 26, 2016
Acer Stories February 23, 2016
9to5Toys Lunch Break: Acer 15″ Chromebook $160, USB Type-C cables from $7, more
TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS:
Grab this manufacturer refurbished Acer Chromebook for $160 (Orig. $300)
Power Deals: USB-C/Lightning Cables from $7, 3-port Charger $10, more
Get 55% off ‘Civilization: Beyond Earth Collection’ for Mac (Steam code): $27 ($80+ value)
Review: Audioengine turns it up to 11 with its newest Bluetooth HD6 powered speakers
MORE NEW GEAR FROM TODAY:
Networking: D-Link Powerline Starter Kit $40 (Reg. $60), TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug $20, more
Media – 12 classic Pixar films in HD for $15 ea, Mad Max: Fury Road & The Martian $10 ea, more
- Daily Deals: VIZIO 60-inch 4K UHDTV $900, AKG Headphones $50, more
- Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard: Aluminum $22, w/ Stand $25 (Reg. $34)
- Groupon 15% off: Sol Republic BT Headphones $63, OtterBox Commuter Case $17, more
- Games/Apps: Sunset Overdrive from $15, iOS freebies more
- Star Wars PS4 bundle + BB-8 App-Enabled Droid $400 shipped ($500 value), more
- Apple 13-inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (newest): $800 shipped (Reg. $999)
- Apple 11-inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (newest): $720 shipped (Reg. $899)
- Charge your Apple Watch w/ this aluminum dock: $23 Prime shipped (Reg. $39), more
MORE DEALS STILL ALIVE:
Seiki 42-inch 4K Ultra HD LED HDTV for $299.99 with free shipping (Reg. $400)
Seiki 39-inch 4K 120Hz LED UHDTV w/ 3 HDMI inputs: $300 shipped (Orig. $700)
Samsung 55-inch Smart 4K UHDTV w/ 3 HDMI inputs: $700 (Reg. $900+), more
- Gift Cards up to 20% off: CVS, Domino’s, Jiffy Lube, many more
- DashCam Recorder and Camera offers motion-triggered recording: $27 (Orig: $95)
- Keep your Wi-Fi running w/ this APC battery backup: $20 (Orig. $60)
- Storage: SanDisk 512GB 2.5-inch Internal Solid-State Drive $120 (Reg. $145+), more
- Save $50 on Huawei Watches for iOS/Android, prices start at $300
- Harman Kardon 5.1-channel, 120 watt surround-sound system w/200W sub: $200 (Orig. $600)
- Bluetooth Speakers: Bem Boom Box $40 (Reg. $80), Sylvania Rugged $12 (Reg. $20)
- Amazon Fire TV 4K Streaming Media Player: $85 shipped (Reg. $100)
- Try out Google Express with this $40 credit for $15 (62% savings)
- Nike+ Fuelband SE Fitness Tracker for $38 (Orig. $150, CA Tax only)
- Upgrade your audio w/ Logi’s 2.1-Ch. Speaker System: $100 (Reg. $125+)
- Grow fresh herbs/veggies year round: Miracle-Gro AeroGarden $45 Prime shipped
- Outfit your GoPro HERO4 with this 7-piece accessory bundle for $19 (Reg. $25)
- Spotify tempts new Premium subscribers with free Google Chromecast offer
- BJ’s Warehouse Inner Circle One-Year Membership: $25 w/ email delivery (Reg. $50)
- Apple offering popular iOS video editing app ‘Videoshop’ for free ($2 value)
- Patagonia – up to 50% off: Down Sweater Jacket $114 (Orig. $229), more
- Free MP3 of Footloose Soundtrack feat. Blake Shelton, Zac Brown, more (Reg. $9+)
- Master Ruby on Rails with this six-course coding bootcamp: $29 (Orig. $1,296)
- Amazon’s magnetic earbuds have a built-in remote & tangle-free design: $15 (Reg. $25)
- Kinda Deal: 2-pack Anker 6-ft MFi Lightning cables for $13 Prime shipped (Reg. $16)
- Buy a Moto X Pure Edition 64GB for $500, get a free first gen. Moto 360 ($200 value)
- Heroes Reborn: Enigma for iOS goes free as IGN’s Game of the Month (Reg. $5)
- Nintendo Select best sellers on the way w/ new low prices: Donkey Kong, Mario 3D World, more
- Jet Set Radio is available for free on Steam alongside a handful of other Sega titles
- Kinda Deal: Keep your cash secure w/ this fake-out book safe for $9 (Reg. $12)
- Philips Wake-Up Light With Colored Sunrise Simulation: $98 shipped (Orig. $170)
- Ringke iPhone 6s/Plus cases (multiple colors/styles) from $3 shipped (Reg. up to $15)
NEW PRODUCTS & MORE:
Faraday’s latest eBikes hit Kickstarter with a minimalist step-through design and iOS connectivity
- SanDisk announces faster USB-C flash drives and microSD cards at Mobile World Conference
- Garmin’s latest fitness trackers: can automatically identify your activities
- Canon adds three new Wi-Fi cameras to its mid-range lineup
- Pad & Quill’s new wooden iPhone 6/s/Plus cases use kevlar for added strength
- The original Rayman game is now available for download on the App Store
- The Coleco Chameleon retro gaming console is sure to appeal to any Millennial
- NERF’s Fall 2016 line includes battery-powered 70MPH blasters, Alien designs, more
- PSA: Fallout 4 gets 3DLC packs – get your Season Pass now before it jumps up in price
- Final Fantasy IX is now available for download on iOS/Android
Acer Stories February 22, 2016
Acer Stories January 27, 2016
9to5Toys Lunch Break: Acer 15.6″ Chromebook (refurb) $175, Samsung 4TB external HD $100, more
TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS:
Acer 15.6″ Chromebook w/ 4GB RAM, and 16GB SSD (Refurb): $175 (Orig. $280)
Samsung D3 Station 4TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive $100 shipped (Reg. $130+)
ULAK iPhone 6/s/Plus, iPad mini 4 and Android cases from $1 shipped (Orig. up to $30)
MORE NEW GEAR FROM TODAY:
Netflix February Preview: Better Call Saul – Season 1, more
- Games/Apps: PSN sale – Tomb Raider $8, Sleeping Dogs $10 + more, iOS freebies
- Headphones: NRG Wood In-ears $13 (Reg. $25), Aukey Bluetooth $11 (Reg. $22)
- Prime Members: VIZIO 5.1 Ch. Sound Bar w/ Wireless Sub $198 shipped (Reg. $218)
- Nixon watches up to 70% off at Amazon: Corporal Stainless Steel $120
- JBL Control One All-Weather Bookshelf Speakers $75, Acer Chromebook (Refurb) $175
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Buy One, Get One Free burrito promotion
- Sam’s Club 1-year membership + $20 gift card $45 ($120 value)
- Bag a free MP3 download of Marc Anthony’s 3.0 album (Reg. $8+)
- Check out Amazon’s Super Bowl commercial starring Alec Baldwin and Dan Marino
- Protect your iPhone 6 Plus w/ a screen protector for $2 Prime shipped (Reg. $8)
- Apple Watch Space Gray Bands – 42 or 38mm: Stainless Steel $21, Milanese Loop $17
- Apple TV 32GB w/ Siri Remote and HDMI Cable $126 shipped (Reg. $149+)
- 8 utility Mac apps: $5 (and rising! Orig. $392)
- Apple’s Get Productive iOS App Sale 50% or more off
- App Store Free App of the Week: MarcoPolo Ocean puzzle game (Reg. $3)
- Highly-rated puzzler Osmos now 80% off on iPhone & iPad: $1 ea. (Reg. up to $5)
MORE DEALS STILL ALIVE:
Nexus Deals: 6P from $450 (Reg. $500), 5X w/ $20 Gift Card $300 (Reg. $350)
Networking: Motorola SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + NETGEAR Router: $100 ($160 value), more
- Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System (Refurb.) $60 shipped (Orig. $130)
- Bluetooth Speakers: Omaker Splashproof $20 (Reg. $30), Inateck $30 (Reg. $40), more
- Dell 24-inch Widescreen LED Monitor: $100 shipped (Reg. $130)
- VIZIO Refurb 120Hz Smart HDTVs: 48-inch $300 (Orig. $500), more
- Media: new Blu-rays $10 – Jurassic World, Minions, more + BOGO offer
- USB Power: Anker Astro E5 16,000mAh Dual-Port $25 (Reg. $40), more
- Aukey adapters: Bluetooth 4.1 Audio Receiver $11, Car FM Radio Transmitter $11
- $10 Free towards your next flick: Regal $50 Movie Gift Card for $40, more
- iPhone 6/s/Plus Cases: Folio Style $9.50 (Reg. $19), Clear Bumper $4 (Reg. $8)
- AirPrint Color Laser Printers: Brother $150 shipped (Reg. $200)
- Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Speakers: $90 (Reg. $130)
- Several refurbished 12-inch MacBook w/ Retina display models are now available
- OtterBox Resurgence iPhone 6/6s Battery Case: $27 Prime shipped (Orig. $100)
- Speck CandyShell iPhone 6/6s Case: $12 or two for $14 Prime shipped (Reg. $35 each)
- OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 6 Plus Case: $24 Prime shipped (Orig. $60)
- UE MINI BOOM Bluetooth Speaker: refurb $44 or pre-owned $30 shipped
- Google Play offers downloads of Kelly Clarkson’s Piece by Piece album for free
- Mpow Grip Air Vent Magnetic Car iPhone Mount $5 Prime shipped (Reg. $7)
Game pre-orders for Amazon Prime members –Zelda, Far Cry Primal, FFXV: $48 ea (Reg. $60)
Work Faster & Smarter on Your Mac with 12 Apps to Clear Your Hard Drive, Enhance Audio, Track Device Activity & More
NEW PRODUCTS & MORE:
This German eBike blends a minimalist design with serious battery power
You have to see NERF’s new Crossbow and Zombie Brainsaw that are coming out this fall
Upcoming 2016 LEGO sets focus on Marvel, Star Wars and City collections
Razor introduces two new electric-powered products at Toy Fair 2016
- It took a year of planning and 18,000 pieces to create this custom LEGO Arkham Asylum build
- Fender brings its big name into the world of headphones with new Pro In-ear Monitors
- Here’s our first look at the new PS4/Xbox One Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game
- ComfyLight learns your routine and imitates your lighting patterns while you’re out
- Exploding Kittens: the “most-funded game in Kickstarter history” comes to iOS
- Brinks has a new solar-powered deadbolt that is iOS-connected w/ HomeKit on the way
- Leica’s new X-U action camera makes your GoPro look like a child’s toy
- The first Amazon Dash Replenishment devices are now available for order
Acer Stories January 4, 2016
Acer Stories December 21, 2015
Chromebooks are all the same, but in this case that’s a good thing. The minimum hardware mandated by Google results in an affordable computer that runs a capable operating system. Since its inception six years ago, Chrome OS has been continuously updated with useful features, while in parallel, Google’s services have become immensely powerful and feature-rich for just being web apps.
While Chromebooks with touchscreens are not new, convertible Chrome OS devices are just starting to arrive. The Chromebook R11 is Acer’s first contribution to this field and I try to predominantly use it as a tablet in this review.
Acer Stories December 1, 2015
9to5Toys Lunch Break: Acer 1.5GHz Chromebox $120, LG G Watch $80, Anker 4-Port USB Charger $14, more
TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS:
Acer 1.5GHz Chromebox w/Keyboard+Mouse, more: $120 shipped ($60 off)
LG G Watch Android Wear watch: $80 shipped (Reg. $150) | AT&T
Anker USB Power Deals: 4-port 36W Wall Charger $14 (Reg. $20), 12W Car Charger w/ Lightning Cable $10 (Reg. $14), more
9to5Google Gift Guide: Stephen and Cam’s favorite Chrome and Android-powered products
9to5Google Gift Guide: Great Android phones at Black Friday prices
9to5Google Gift Guide: The best Chromebooks for everyone
9to5Google Gift Guide: These are the best Android wearables
Storage Deals: PNY 128GB SDXC Flash Card $40, PNY 64GB Flash Drive $15 Prime shipped, more
Kindle First Books for December: Out of Sorts, A Death in Sweden, more
MORE NEW GEAR FROM TODAY:
Networking: HooToo 802.11n Travel Router $15 (Reg. $20), more
- ClamCase Pro Keyboard Case for iPad mini $70, DEWALT Cordless Combo Kit $299
- Apple 12″ 256GB MacBook $1,100 (Reg. $1,299), more
- $100 iTunes Gift Card for $80 with email delivery from PayPal (20% off), more
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Pro Headphones $180 shipped ($258 value)
- Games/Apps: The Order 1886 under $10 (Reg. $20), iOS freebies, more
- Apple’s Amazing Apps & Games sale 50% off: Threes!, more
MORE DEALS STILL ALIVE:
Free PS Plus Games for December: Far Cry 3, Gaunlet Slayer Edition, more
Free Xbox Live Gold Games for December: Thief, Adventures of Van Helsing, Sacred 3, more
- Blue Condenser Mics: Spark Digital Lightning from $128 (Reg. $200)
- Anker iPad Accessories: Bluetooth Folio Keyboards for iPad Air 2, mini 4, more from $20
- eBay Gift Card Roundup: Toys R Us $100 for $85, Lowe’s $200 for $175, much more
- These men’s luxury watches are on sale for Black Friday & Cyber Monday
- Grab extra MFi Apple-Certified Lightning Cables from Anker, Spigen & Mpow from $4
- GoPro HERO4 Cameras: Session $229 (Reg. $300), Black 4K $349 (Reg. $500)
- Yamaha 7.2-channel 4K Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver: $300 shipped (Reg. $400)
- Take 50% off any album purchase from Google Play
- Pixelmator for Mac gets a 50% discount today: $15 (Reg. $30)
- Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11ac Wireless Router (refurbished): $100 shipped (Orig. $199)
- iTunes HD Movies: Godfather Trilogy $10, Rocky Collection $30, more
- Panasonic Sound Rush Plus On-Ear Headphones $15 shipped (Reg. $60)
- Herman Miller takes rare 15% off world’s best office chairs + desks
- Implosion – Never Lose Hope for iOS goes free for the first time ($10 value)
- OtterBox Commuter Series iPhone 6/6s Case for $19 shipped (Reg. $28+)
Unboxing and Review: Star Wars Battlefront limited edition PS4 is out of this galaxy [Video]
Mohu launches a “high-end” speaker with built-in Android display, save 10%
- Leica introduces a new low-cost M series camera, but don’t expect bargain pricing
- D-Link takes all the smart things and puts them together in one Komfy light switch
- Curate With Me, Win A Prize: 2015’s Most Coveted Holiday Tech Gifts List!
- The ultimate 4K set-top box battle [Video]
- GENII’s CAST streaming box skirts copyright rules to beam your content to friends
Acer Stories September 2, 2015
Both Acer and Lenovo have updated their Chromebook lineups at IFA 2015 in Berlin today, and both are looking to offer decent products at attractive price points. Acer announced the new R11 Chromebook in a bid to compete with the convertible ASUS Chromebook Flip, while Lenovo unveiled the budget-friendly Chromebook 100S.
Acer unveiled a range of ‘Predator’ branded products at its conference this morning, including a quick teaser of an incredibly powerful smartphone. While that was only teased, the company has officially announced the Predator 8, a small, but powerful 8-inch tablet running Android 5.1 Lollipop. It’ll be available in 2-3 weeks time. From first impressions, it sure seems like a lot of bang for your buck … expand full story
Acer just teased a beast: Predator 6 smartphone has 10-core processor, 4 loudspeakers, 4GB RAM and more…
As part of its IFA announcement this morning, Acer teased an upcoming product which could have any spec-hungry smartphone fans drooling with desire. It didn’t give all the details, but what it did share is enough to get us to stand up and pay attention.
Acer’s Predator 6 smartphone will feature a ridiculous deca-core (10 cores!) MediaTek Helio X20 with 4GB RAM and four front-facing speakers. This is designed to be a mobile gaming power-house. Its internal specs are made to handle even the most intensive gaming, while the four speakers will create an immersive experience. If that wasn’t enough, it also has a 21MP camera on the back, because why not?
No other details were shared. We don’t know pricing or availability. We don’t even know for certain if it’s going to run Android, they didn’t say. It’s safe to assume that it will be an Android device given the specifications and that the Predator 8 is launching soon, and definitely runs Android 5.1 Lollipop. We’ll keep you updated once the phone gets an official announcement with all the important details. Update: It definitely runs Android.
Image via: GearDiary on Twitter.