It’s time for Google I/O 2019! The annual developer festival in Mountain View, California is here, and we’re on the ground to keep you updated throughout the morning with the latest announcements. The Google I/O 2019 Keynote kicks off at 10am PT/1pm ET, so read on for quick links to our roundup coverage over the last few weeks, tweets from the ground, and all the latest news about Pixel 3a, Nest Hub Max, Android Q, Google Assistant, and more…
If you haven’t been following along with our coverage over the last several weeks, there’s plenty of required reading to be had there. Here’s everything we know about today’s event:
- What to expect at Google I/O 2019: Pixel 3a, Nest Hub Max, Android 10 Q, Assistant, and more
- Don’t be surprised if Google I/O 2019 brings some surprises
- Rick Osterloh talks Pixel 3, flops, and Made by Google’s future ahead of I/O 2019 announcements
- Here’s the official Google I/O 2019 conference map [Gallery]
- Google likely to unveil ‘Project Euphonia’ at I/O 19 to give the speech-impaired ‘their voice back’
- Google posts I/O 2019 schedule with keynote on May 7th at 10AM PST
- Pixel 3a and 3a XL: Everything we know about Google’s mid-range smartphone [Video]
- Google Nest Hub Max: Everything we know about the new Google smart display so far
How to stream Google I/O 2019
TL;DR the primary Google Developers YouTube channel will stream the entire Google I/O 2019 Keynote live, and the announcements start at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm GMT. Google is not streaming the event on Twitter, like it did with the most recent Made by Google event.
More details & embedded player:
Official announcements + details
- Google announces Pixel 3a and 3a XL w/ familiar design, lower price, Snapdragon 670, more
- Google announces Nest Hub Max w/ built-in Nest Cam, 10-inch screen
- Android Q Beta arrives for OnePlus 6T, Xperia XZ3, Nokia 8.1 and 12 more
- Google announces new Android Q features incl. dark mode, new gesture nav, 5G support
- Google Duplex for web to help you complete tasks in Chrome for Android
- Google Assistant driving mode brings optimized UI w/ suggestions feed
- Google Lens adding new tools to highlight menus, split checks, translate, more
- Google Lens coming to Google Search with real-world 3D models
Live Blog (Reload for continuous updates…)
— That’s a wrap! Thanks for tuning in!
— Google’s wrapping up the keynote talking about how its AI is benefiting cancer treatment.
— And there’s Pixel 3a. All the rumors were accurate. Starts at $399.
— Nest Hub Max is $229. Coming later this summer. Nest Hub is now $129.
— Google just announced the Nest Hub Max.
— Google is bringing all its smart home hardware under the Nest name.
— Here’s Rick. Hardware time.
— Google’s taking a deeper dive into Live Caption in Android Q
— Now Google’s talking Android Q. The part you’ve been waiting for. Soon: Pixel 3a and Nest Hub Max.
— We told you about Project Euphonia a couple weeks ago. Google’s talking about it now.
— Sundar is now touching on ways Google is helping the deaf and hard of hearing.
— Google says it will let you stop timers without saying “Hey Google”. Wild applause in the audience!
— Next-generation Assistant makes interacting with your phone by tapping it antiquated #io19 Coming to the new Pixel phones (Google Pixel 4) later this year!
— Now @sundarpichai is talking about Duplex, which they announced last year… extending to “tasks on the web”
— 9to5Google.com (@9to5Google) May 7, 2019
— Sundar is touching on some new search products, like indexed podcasts!
— Here we go.
— Showtime in 10 minutes!
— Looks like some protesters are flying over… “Google control is not privacy”
— Edouard Marquez @ I/O (@g123k) May 7, 2019
— 15 minutes to show time! We’re still jamming out to the AI DJ… which is pretty good tbh.
— Just over 30 minutes til showtime!
— The AI DJ had some technical difficulties, so they had to start it over…
— Time for an AI DJ. Pretty par for the course with pre-show I/O.
— Google Fi’s website leaks the Pixel 3a, suggests it could be the I/O 2019 giveaway…
— The developers are coming!
— Just a little over an hour to go before Google I/O 2019 kicks off!
— Oh, look, Google leaked the Pixel 3a once more.
— Stephen Hall (@hallstephenj) May 7, 2019
— We’re in our seats and getting ready for the show! T-minus an hour and 15 until kickoff!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.