Today we’ve got Android P. That’s it, really. Just lots of Android P Developer Preview 1 stories.
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
New episodes of 9to5Google Daily are recorded every weekday. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Google launches Android P Developer Preview 1 w/ notification revamp, increased app privacy & security, notch support
- Here’s everything new in Android P Developer Preview 1 [Gallery]
- How to manually install Android P Developer Preview 1 on Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
- Here’s where to download Android P system images for Pixel, Pixel 2, Android Beta Program won’t arrive until next preview
- Android P DP1: ‘Markup’ is a built-in screenshot editor w/ drawing & cropping tools
- Android P DP1: Redesigned notification shade arrives w/ new rounded look, redesigned quick settings, and smart replies
- Android P DP1: Ambient Display adds battery indicator, lockscreen date gets redesigned
- Android P DP1: Updated easter egg has trippy changing colors
- Android P DP1: Settings menu gets a colorful redesign w/ new pop-out windows
- Android P DP1: Chrome-like ‘Feature Flags’ enable in-development UIs, functionality
- Google drops support for Nexus 5X and 6P in Android P Preview, Pixel C also dropped
- Android P DP1: Volume slider shifted to side of display w/ shortcut for ringer volume, better Bluetooth headphone control
- Android P DP1: Google adds a screenshot shortcut to the power menu
- Android P DP1: Wi-Fi quick settings add up/download indicator, Metered preferences
- Android P DP1: Custom overlays such as Substratum no longer work
- Android P DP1: New contextual transitions slide into Android’s latest update
- Android P DP1: Google moved the clock to the left side to accommodate notched displays
- Android P DP1: Pattern unlock now hides the trail as you swipe
- Android P DP1: Google ruins notch-less screens by stopping status bar notification icons midway
- Android P DP1: iOS-esque ‘text zoom’ tool is now available w/ cursor for text selection
- Android P DP1: New nav bar button enables app rotation even w/ auto-rotate disabled