Ahead of a rumored October event, the FCC today revealed certification of two smartphones from Google. The technical reports and E-label do not offer much in the way of new information, but does reveal model numbers for the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
In 2018, both devices are being registered directly by Google — reflecting how these phones are manufactured by Foxconn — rather than HTC and LG last year. Meanwhile, the G0XX model naming scheme is also used by the Google Clips camera introduced earlier this year.
Another interesting observation is how the 3 XL is not G013B. The jump from A to C last year was explained by Google opting for an LG-made Pixel 2 XL at the last-minute instead of sticking with a larger version of the Pixel 2 from HTC, codenamed “muskie.”
Many of the documents were filed with the FCC for certification in early July, though some date back to late June, with the confidentiality period for the technical reports ending today. Unlike last year, when the E-Label for the Pixel 2 revealed Active Edge, there are no phone screenshots and only a pair of diagrams.
Meanwhile, the usual radios are listed, including LTE, NFC, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, while one diagram (thanks commenter!) shows wireless charging being tested.
More on the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL:
- Two Made by Google smartphones arrive at the FCC, likely Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL specs, explained: Everything we know so far
- Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL shown off in new mockups and detailed 3D renders
- Google Pixel 3 XL gets a high-quality unboxing w/ accessories and #teampixel stickers [Video]
- Bloomberg: Google Pixel 3 to launch on October 9th at NYC event
- Wireless charging seemingly confirmed for Google Pixel 3 XL in new leaked video
- First alleged Google Pixel 3 XL camera samples leak showing off another impressive shooter
- Double the front camera, double the leak: Google Pixel 3 XL again captured in spy shots
- Google Pixel 3 XL notch spotted from a mile away in latest spy shot
- Google Pixel 3 XL leak reveals 6.7-inch display, confirms battery and camera specs [Video]
- Google Pixel 3 XL leaked in unboxing, includes USB-C Pixel Buds, #teampixel sticker [Gallery]
- Yes, the mystery logo on leaked Pixel 3 XL prototype’s backside is Google’s
- Alleged Google Pixel 3 XL in-the-flesh images leak, showing notch, design, and more
- Google Pixel 3 XL benchmark seemingly confirms Snapdragon 845, 4GB of RAM
- Google Pixel 3 XL shows up in new alleged leaked photos, shows off white color
- Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL leak out in new renders showing off the speakers, notch, and cameras
- Google Pixel 3 launch may take place on October 4th for the third year in a row
- Google Pixel 3 XL renders based on latest leaks are likely pretty close to the real deal
- Google Pixel 3 & 3 XL: Built by Foxconn, notch on XL, Verizon exclusive again, dual front cameras