Google this afternoon officially announced that its next hardware event is on October 9th in New York City. The widely leaked Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are expected, while there are rumors of new Pixelbooks and other Made by Google products.
In a departure from the inaugural event in 2016 and last year’s follow up, Google is hosting its next major product launch in New York City and not San Francisco. Additionally, it is being held five days later on October 9th instead of the 4th.
The invitation provides only a GIF that animates the storied “I <3 NY” with metallic colored silver and gold/copper dots, with the Google ‘G’ following. The heart comprised of a “3” is likely an illusion to the Pixel 3.
Google’s next flagship phones have repeatedly leaked over the past few weeks. The Pixel 3 looks like a shrunken down version of the current Pixel 2 XL, while the Pixel 3 XL features a notoriously tall notch. Multiple images of both have already surfaced, most recently last weekend in the back of a Lyft. Further, we even have a clear idea of what the specifications are.
Meanwhile, a Google-made Assistant Smart Display is rumored, along with a new Google Pixelbook 2. Second-generation Pixel Buds are also likely, while the FCC has detailed a new Chromecast. However, Google took the unusual step last week of confirming that it is not launching a Pixel Watch this year.
Be sure to follow 9to5Google live from the Made by Google event on October 9th for all the latest announcements.
More on the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL:
- Two Made by Google smartphones arrive at the FCC, likely Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- First real-life photos of smaller Google Pixel 3 leak out, specs also confirmed [Gallery]
- Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL specs, explained: Everything we know so far
- Google Pixel 3 XL gets a high-quality unboxing w/ accessories and #teampixel stickers [Video]
- Sources: Google Pixel 3 & 3 XL cameras bring ‘Super Selfies,’ updated Visual Core, more
- Exclusive: A Ukrainian black market dealer is responsible for recent flood of Pixel 3 XL leaks
- Wireless charging seemingly confirmed for Google Pixel 3 XL in new leaked video
- First alleged Google Pixel 3 XL camera samples leak showing off another impressive shooter
- Double the front camera, double the leak: Google Pixel 3 XL again captured in spy shots
- Google Pixel 3 XL notch spotted from a mile away in latest spy shot
- Google Pixel 3 XL leak reveals 6.7-inch display, confirms battery and camera specs [Video]
- Google Pixel 3 XL leaked in unboxing, includes USB-C Pixel Buds, #teampixel sticker [Gallery]
- Yes, the mystery logo on leaked Pixel 3 XL prototype’s backside is Google’s
- Alleged Google Pixel 3 XL in-the-flesh images leak, showing notch, design, and more
- Google Pixel 3 XL benchmark seemingly confirms Snapdragon 845, 4GB of RAM
- Google Pixel 3 XL shows up in new alleged leaked photos, shows off white color
- Google Pixel 3 & 3 XL: Built by Foxconn, notch on XL, Verizon exclusive again, dual front cameras
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.