AT&T’s CEO has finally, finally, finally come to his senses and admitted that the “era of big subsidies for devices is coming to an end.” Continuing the smartphone upgrade cycle has always worn on the carriers margins and is something I know I have personally wished would go away a long time ago.
AT&T has launched a new initiative called Mobile Share Value Plans that is designed to save customers money on their monthly AT&T mobile phone service bills. The following changes are specifically for the Mobile Share program, which allows devices to work under the same AT&T account and share data, talk, and text plans. Similar to T-Mobile’s “un-carrier” approach, the new AT&T plans separate the cost of the device hardware completely from the monthly service charges:
AT&T Galaxy S 4 owners look sharp, the day before Thanksgiving is bringing you gifts as the carrier announces Android 4.3…arriving now. The update is slated at 727MB, so Wi-Fi only updates are allowed but Galaxy Gear compatibility, call reliability improvements, drag and drop ability to uninstall/disable applications and the rest of Android 4.3 goodness are all awaiting you. It originally appeared that the update began around 10 days ago but this is official word from the AT&T mothership…so it’s now officially official.
We’ve already covered the Target, Walmart and Best Buy Black Fridays earlier this month as their Black Friday ads broke cover to the world. However, there are far more Android-related deals to be had on Black Friday and here are some of the most notable across the nations largest retailers. Don’t forget to sneak a peek at what T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint have to offer as well.
- Galaxy S 4 on AT&T/Verizon for $39.99 Sprint for $49.99
Keep it locked here for all the updates as new Android-related carrier deals are announced for Cyber Monday. More importantly, keep your homepage loaded with 9to5toys.com this holiday season for a look at all of the seasons best tech-related specials.
- Samsung Galaxy S® 4 – $29.995
- Samsung Galaxy S® III mini – FREE5
- Samsung Galaxy Mega™– $49.995
- Samsung Galaxy S®III – FREE5
- 50 percent off JAMBOX.
- 75 percent off Grandoe touchscreen Gloves.
- 60 percent off a JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker for Nokia, JBL PlayUp. Portable Wireless Speaker for Nokia and JBL OnBeat Micro Portable Speaker Dock with Lightning Connector.
- $20 off on select XPAL cases.
- 50 percent off a ZAGGkeys FLEX keyboard.
- 25 percent off Martian Voice Command Smartwatches.
- 50 percent off a Polaroid Bluetooth printer.
- $249 for a BIG JAMBOX.
- 10 percent off all JBL and Harman speakers. (Excludes items already discounted.)
- One Black Friday deal extends through Dec. 31, online only. Customers can save and score a Samsung ATIV smart PC for FREE6 with a new two-year agreement with qualifying plans. Activation and upgrade fees apply.
Verizon’s full Black Friday ad has already been previewed here.
- Motorola DROID MAX for $199
- Galaxy S 4 for $99
- HTC One for $99
- DROID RAZR HD for $0
- Motorola DROID Ultra for $99
- Ellipsis 7″ tablet for $0
- $150 savings on all Samsung tablets
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for $299
- LG G2 on sale for $0 down with G2Promo
- Galaxy S 4 is $48 off with GS4DEAL
- Galaxy Note 3 is $48 off with SAVENOTE3
- Nexus 5 is $30 off with 30NEXUS
- Save $40 on the Galaxy S III ($18 monthly)
- $0 down on the Sony Xperia Z ($19 monthly)
- $0 down ($23 monthly) on the HTC One plus free urBeats earbud
- Nov. 22-27: Customers who bring a line to Sprint from another carrier will get up to a $100 instant discount on the purchase of any phone with a new two-year service agreement. Customers who switch their number to Sprint and choose Sprint One Up to finance their smartphone with $0 down and 0 percent financing will receive a $100 Visa Prepaid Card.
- Nov. 28-Dec. 2 (Retail stores are closed Thanksgiving, but customers can start early and shop online or Telesales): Customers can visit http://www.sprint.com/holiday or call 1-800-SPRINT1 to purchase Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini for FREE (after a $50 mail in rebate via reward card) – a $99.99 savings with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. Customers who shop online or call on Thursday can also purchase LG G2 for $49.99 – a $150 savings with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. These offers will continue through Monday, Dec. 2, in Sprint retail stores across the country, online and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1).
HTC’s holiday specials on the “top-rated” HTC One are kicking into gear with special offers for Sprint and Verizon customers. That’s not to say they are the best deals around, a title Amazon current holds if the HTC One is on your radar this week.